April 23, 2019 - Tue

MAN I am almost done with painful required remedial linux commandline class. There is this bizarre chapter we are doing in this last week where everything we’ve learned is supposed to be contrasted with Windows. But its all done by lecture, there is no hands on component at all; and it’s all elementary dos stuff ive mastered long ago. So I am just sitting here trying to feign interest in the lecture. Atleast I didn’t need to spin up a Windows VirtualBox though.

Next week is exams and I believe those will be deployed by the learning management system for this class. So today and thursday should be the end of it for me. Im going to take the final as soon as the instructor makes it available. Towards the end the tedium of this class got to be a little much.

2 Likes

I have a mountain of time sensitive work to do, which is fun in it’s own weird way. Getting into hyper-focus feels good most of the time.

Struggling with the realization I’m censoring myself a lot the last 12-18 months, to the point where I have a private “me” that has diverged like 20% from the “me” most people know. Trying to find the fortitude to not be afraid and be myself more, and to have the ability to disagree with people.

2 Likes

Dun dun dun!

Have you become a hypercapitalist?! Because you can just mute The Life Raft. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That word is too cool for what that word means.

I have not become a hypercapitalist, although I don’t know much of anything re: the anarchist ideologies talked about in The Life Raft . But I want to.

1 Like

Went to urgent Care for persistent (sometimes choking) cough. Doctor prescribed cough syrup with codeine. Hope I can sleep through the night. Apparently this stuff is hard to find and I had to contact three different pharmacies.

I feel sad Clover and I have both had such poor health in the last year. Hopefully we will get past this and look back with strong immune systems.

3 Likes

oh no! i hope you feel better. is the supersyrup helping? that’s another thing to map =P

i’ve been loving the licorice mint tea! thank you @susan <3

sharks win!! they scored four goals in four minutes and went to overtime and scored. it was intense!

Is that West Side Story??

Oh my friend, we are speaking of Sportball. That is of course, the Sharks having intense overtime.

Oh ho ho ho, how wonderful it is to be in the ingroup on this!