talkgroup

Baby Time - Now!

Samantha’s blood pressure was pre-eclampsia levels this morning at our appointment, so we’re having the baby today!

We’ll head on in at 7:30pm today, and hopefully be popping out the little guy tomorrow or the next day!

Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

Sending you positive thoughts my friend.

2 Likes

IF YOU HAVE THE TIME @draloff TAKE A NAP FOR GODS SAKE.

2 Likes

Samantha’s already in bed and I’m taking a rest-o on the couch as we speak :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow busy day over here just now noticing this. Good luck! Congratulations!

2 Likes

We’re all checked in now and Samantha’s medicine is kicking in, they’re gonna give her some every 3 hours or so til we’re where we need to be

I’m acting communications manager until things ramp up, providing updates to friends and family :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck!!

2 Likes

oh WOW! best of luck!!! sending love!

3 Likes

Okay, so, we have a quiet moment here. An hour ago she was 9cm dilated (amended from an earlier measure of basically 10 with just a little lip to go), and they’re having her lay on her side to get Ira into a better position.

Epidural happened at about 3am this morning, which totally changed the energy in the room to laughter and chattiness over the previous bouts of holding onto the bed for dear life, which is nice :slight_smile:

All of our nurses and doctors have been super awesome, and we’re just waiting on a little more progression before we get to pushin’ time!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!!! You’ve been awake this whole time, huh. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Life has been super busy over here the past couple of days, so ive been a little checked out but likely still not as busy as your. Sending good vibes your guys way.

2 Likes

Ira is born! 5:06PM, August 22nd 2019. His mom was a pushing CHAMPION. Doctor said if he hadn’t been sunny-side up, she would have had him out a lot sooner, but as it was he took nearly 3 hours of pushing.

Some initial blood sugar worries, he’s able to keep up now. And he’s already the softest person I know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OMG he is such a cutie pie.

I am so happy everyone is healthy!

Congratulations!! Welcome to the parenting club.

3 Likes

giphy tumblr_oebvml3rV11sjro13o3_500

3 Likes

HOORAY!!! WELCOME TO THE WORLD TINY IRA!!! yay!

3 Likes