While we were discussing MP3 players and how hard they were to get music on them… it reminded me about this gem. It was in my desk drawer because I still use it!
Behold the Creative MuVo TX FM 1GB!
It came in three sizes.
I can’t recall the launch price for the various models, but I don’t think the 1GB was more than $120, which was a good deal in 2004.
- 1 GB of storage holds up to 500 songs; plays back MP3, Windows Media Audio (WMA & WMA DRM), and Audible file formats
- USB 2.0 interface lets you copy your music quickly
- Built-in FM tuner lets you listen to your favorite radio station while you work out
- Built-in microphone records up to 64 hours of high quality voice recording
- Up to 18 hours of playback from one AAA battery
What was/is groundbreaking is how you put music on it…
It came apart and was just a frigging USB drive!!!
The colored part just stores the 1 AAA battery, which runs on rechargeables just fine. Since it’s just a usb drive, it works with EVERYTHING. I also loved the voice recording, I used to do a lot of that.
It also came with a clear case that had a clip on it (15 years has caused it to yellow a little bit). It’s very light.
Some more images: