These are notes and directions for using Discourse as a communication platform for teams.
- Make sure everyone uses it, and knows how to do all the things expected of them. Encouraging questions in a specific support category is useful.
- Explain to folks how to use the email interface, it can be helpful to folks coming from listserv.
- Figure out how much space you’ll need to store files, and double it.
- Make sure you understand the privacy settings, but also the users; you don’t want them to be surprised by a reveal.
- Running a project or team using Discourse (instead of Slack, Trello, etc…)?
- Discourse and Slack (or other group chat apps like IRC, HipChat, Gitter, etc)
- How does Discourse fit in with instant messaging or group chat channels?
- Is there an easy way to deploy Discourse for teams? Making it ready for work, what needs to be done?
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://interi.org/notes/discourse-for-teams/