- It’s entirely open/free content.
- Books are distirbuted in PDF and as ODF for remixability.
- Dead tree editions are made available print on demand at cost.
- It appears to be a streamlined take on D&D Basic but still has the modern species / class separation and ascending armor class.
- Has lots of free modular expansions to expand it out into whatever play-style one needs.
- The creator seemingly is progressive and nice; which has been in short supply with D&D clones lately.
- Creator has a hard stance on not making any suppliments mandatory / no edition breaks, just errata revisions. With main documents continously updated for errata revisions.
- It’s been around for a while so its seems pretty error free.
Ruleset-Family: “…a rules-light game system modeled on the classic RPG rules of the early 1980’s. Though based loosely on the d20 SRD v3.5, Basic Fantasy RPG has been written largely from scratch to replicate the look, feel, and mechanics of the early RPG game systems.”
Dice Used: Standard set
Main Die Mechanic: ?