Discover Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online

This quest to discover Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online was automagically added, as described at I'm gonna do a silly thing that adds hundreds of posts to the quest board... :slight_smile:

I loved this game! It was a half decent squad FPS, built around one of my favorite paracosms! And it is gone, no longer with us. It really bummed me out when they took it down, I decided to no longer emotionally invest in games controlled by companies. I can enjoy them, sure, but they are superficial, because the companies behind them will do what is good for profits first, and I’ve got no time for that.

Also, the balance of elements they had in this game are worth revisiting in a different game or format. I’m sure balance is always an issue with this things, but I felt it worked. Also, I got to be Ishikawa as an Engineer, and that was super fun! :slight_smile:

I’m really into Ghost in the Shell. But not like yer standard otaku; I enjoy the stories, particularly 2nd Gig, but I really enjoy the inspiration it provides to others, in both fiction and non-fiction.

But also, it is a special series to me, as someone with specialized skills and yet feels out of place and touch wherever they are, a ghost in a shell. And I also learned how to drink whiskey, so sitting with my keyboard in front of me, running missions while sipping my drink, it was all a very cool maiki-rp thing I did (it’s an Ishikawa thing). And those fuckers shut it down… T_T

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.