I am at DWeb Camp in a geodesic dome listening to Tim Berners-Lee talk about Solid.
access control system
solid IDs, web IDs
whoever you are, you tell me yout web ID, i can give you access to stuff.
photo pod i share with my family, or a picture of my knee that i share with my doctor
intro to solid by inrupt rmployee
- the web is for everyone london olympics
- there are three entities on the web being screwed over
- users (cambridge analytica)
- developers (i hate writinf integrations. solud
right bow your complete digital self is solit among these orgs an owned by these orgs.
solid brings it under your control in pods. it is possible to havr more than one pod. you contril all the data on the pod.
example apps: ochat and de-chat are two different
the way this works is linked data, a knowledge graph. node, edge, and predicate. “kelly” “works for” “a job” . i point at data. link it together.
- vocabularies: how we descrupe the dara
- data shapes: define balidate data in rdf graph
solid and inrupt. we all want you to join the solid project an make it usable for everyone. inrupt is tim’s day job “he puts the tech in cto”
inrupt building infrastructure needed for solid to work. announcement: partnership with archive.org. they will host pods. deploying hopefully by september on pod.archive.org !
- get a pod
- contribute to the standard
- gitter chat. will move to solid chat when solid is mire used!
- build apps. they
- post in thr forum
- run and maintain a pod server
- host events
- work at inrupt
- come to the deep dive in the dome, which is where we’re all at right now. questions and conversation coming up jext.
email the ceo
what are the bigfest challenfes for devs right niw?
tim: lots of ways to get pods.