Continuing the discussion from steps i took to spin up a new discourse instance at forum.mycelium.garden on digitalocean:
I don’t have time to become an expert on everything. There are so many fun things to be an expert on, I focus on those. But ya’ll think different things are fun, and thus our system support cognitively diversity…
Okay, so I want to list out things, like skill share things, but also maybe places we are listening. I “listen” to a lot of communities, for my own purposes, but if I know someone is into something, I route that info to them.
Let’s use this discussion to list out things we are watching and mentoring on, and see if there is a pattern where we can structure it; at the very least we’ll have an updated sense of what folks are into right now.
Technologies I track/have expertise:
- WordPress (entire ecosystem)
- Discourse (forums+)
- Fedora/GNOME (advocate/user)
- General #webcraft ()
- Hugo (static site generators)
Stuff I’m deep-diving at the moment:
- Fossil (version control/archiving)
- FreshRSS (RSS server with neat features)
- Flatpak (software package manager)
Haha, so many Fs.
Projects I’m working on:
- Online mapping and survey stuff for work, always accessible (funding for the engine)
- talkgroup (you’re here; message bus for the engine)
- interi org (project hub for the engine)
- +io (data for the engine)
- +gtp (interactive options for the engine)
- +oak (docs for my local community, possibly other services)
- Navigating my combined file system from 10 years of backups and device storage
- Reconciling my gifts with my past, so I come alive and fulfill my destiny as a chaos miracle