Fedora instead of Debian?

I use GNOME, and Fedora is akin to a flagship deployment of GNOME. Pretty simple. :slight_smile:

I’ve rarely used Debian, but assuming it includes Ubuntu and ilk, then the difference has been minimal for me. Here’s my interesting observation: as packaging for OS became more abstract and kicked out to external systems like Snap and Flatpak, my own computing experience has simplified as I focus on what is important in my personal life; turns out most computing stuff is not very important to me.

Let’s see what it looks like, nine months on…

Screenshot%20from%202019-06-03%2009-53-29

Huh, I’ve collected a lot more, but a lot of those larger folders reflect either gaming assets or software projects (I’m a “developer”…).

tree -L 1 reveals:

├── dl
├── docs
├── games
├── media
├── notes
└── projects

media is syncthing to mobile devices. notes is all text.

Almost all my time are spent in a web browser or terminal. The point being: nothing I do matters or is done better in Fedora over Ubuntu/Debian.

Also, I probably still deal with software more in Ubuntu, as it is attached to our TV and I tend to run a lot of media and gaming stuff there. My XPS13 runs GNOME fine, and GNOME hits everything for me.

Firefox (or Mozilla) gives me a bunch more grief, honestly. At this point I’m more interested in which browsers folks use than OS. Well, I still make fun of people for their choices, but you get me. :slight_smile: