Final Fantasy Legend II; Gameboy RPG!

Hello friend! :smiley:

I don’t know how familiar you are with the FFL Gameboy games, but! I recently learned some things about them that blew my mind.

1. They are actually the first SaGa games, they just changed the name in the US to Final Fantasy Legends for marketing reasons.
  2. All the character classes are interesting, but the mutant class was actually called esper in the Japanese version. As in, one who has ESP.

To me, it makes a big difference in how we view that game world.

1 Like

Heyo!

I am only somewhat familiar with the FFL Gameboy games. Right now I am collecting a lot of Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance games for my Gameboy Advance SP.

As far as the games go, I knew they were actually the first SaGa games, and I plan to get SaGa Frontier 1-2 for PS1 sometime! Regarding the mutant class, I had no idea they were actually called espers in the Japanese version.

Thanks for the info, that’s really cool to know!

I am somewhat fascinated with FF Legend II as it was the only gameboy RPG I had as a kid. I am also annoyed we never got the DS remakes and hope a rom translation for them one days surfaces.

I also in general am fascinated by gameboy RPGs named final fantasy which were not entirely FF games. Mainly I include FF Adventure in this category. Final Fantasy Adventure is really a Seiken Densetsu/Mana game which had FF elements injected into it late in it’s dev cycle. The GBA remake Sword of Mana converted it back into a Secret of Mana game proper by former Secret of Mana devs working at Brownie Brown/Nintendo; though the recent modern HD remake seems to have swung the game back in the other direction.

What are you collecting? The GB/GBA are my favorite consoles ever, and ive been slowly amassing my own collection of games and dumping roms. Its still a meager collection but its growing into my own personal best of + always meant to play. Handheld game consoles are kinda my personal favorites.

1 Like

Heya, I am collecting mainly stuff I missed out on and that I want to play that I never got to play before. I am mostly a JRPG, fighting game and racing game person, but I do like anything Mario or Nintendo nowadays too. I want to get all the Mario Land series, Mega Man Battle Network series, Mario Golf, Ninja Turtles, Shin Megami Tensei games, Dragon Warrior I+II and 3, and a host of others. Also, regarding the Final Fantasy Legend series, I now own the first and second, and will be getting the third next month!

Um, Dragon Warrior 4 is my favorite NES RPG! I saw it not on yer list, for why?! :slight_smile:

I don’t think they made a GB version!

1 Like

I already own Dragon Warrior 4, but I got the re-release/remake for DS called Dragon Quest 4. I actually now own Dragon Quest 4-9 and 11! I want to complete my collection of all the single player Dragon Quest games!

Same here, if we can add the GBA-SP in that mix. I got my Original Gameboy in 1992. I have a modestly hefty GameBoy game collection.

Man, I wish we lived closer; I’d lend them out!

I actually grew up with the Game Gear, and was mostly a Sega person until the Nintendo 64. I still stayed with Sega until the Dreamcast, and bought Nintendo and Sony systems on the side. I used to own an original Xbox too, but I only really used it to play Jet Set Radio Future, Forza and Fatal Frame 2.

I’m loving all the Gameboy games I’m buying so far. My current collection is: Super Mario Land, Tetris Attack, Final Fantasy Legend 1-2 and Baseball.

You are all making me pull out my Gameboy box. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There was a time in my life where I desperately needed to know all this stuff about Final Fantasy. In time I let it go, but now… I feel it hasn’t been properly documented!

1 Like