Good stuff, continued

I had nothing but praise for the Humble Indie Bundle. Not only did they produce warm fuzzies, they even open-sourced a bunch of the games soon afterward (they were Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru and Penumbra Overture).

Today I got two new fun things from the folks behind this. The first is pretty cool if you are using Mac OS X or Windows (as an aside, the Linux people paid more on average than those two “classes” of gamers; just thought I would start a contribution war ^_^): you can now activate the games in Steam.

I just did, and it installed the games that it could find. For some reason a couple of them aren’t available for my platform (which is Mac OS X, at the moment). They will probably figure that out soon enough. And now I have achievements to unlock! Yay!

The other surprise is that there is something cooking up over at the dedicated site… something about a Humble Indie Bundle #2, coming soon.

Good on ya, folks. :slight_smile:

Benedek said:

I missed out on the first Humble Indie Bundle because I already had World of Goo and wasn’t interested in the other games, but I’m very excited about a lot of the other games going open source, and interested to see what’s going to be in the next bundle.

I haven’t played any of the games except for about an hour of Aquaria. I just got it because I could support the EFF, Child’s Play and some indie game developers all at once.

It really is a great idea. :slight_smile:

You get bundle 1 for free if you do your part to raise the average payment for bundle 2! When I bought bundle 2 a few days ago, the minimum payment to raise the average was $7.50…. The promotion looks like it’s working, because I just checked the site and the minimum is now $7.80. Woo!

I noticed the big Linux number, too. Haha.

I just started Aquaria. I remember watching people play Aquaria a long time ago, when it first came out, but I never gave it a try. And it’s WEIRD that I didn’t back then, since mermaids and singing are pretty much my favorite things, and also sushi rolls. I mean really. It’s like they reached into my brain.