Introductions, for introductions

I propose a new talkgroup to drop introduction topics. There is a feature in Discourse to link to a topic from the user card/page, for this precise purpose. It is easy for a #maiki or a #tuna to know where to post but maybe not others. So a new talkgroup, just for introductions and their discussions. :slight_smile:

Whatchaā€™ll think? #intro? #introductions? No new categories? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh yeah, folks can self-promote, and use it to network! Thatā€™s important, I guess?

#self-promotion? #toot-yer-own-horn? no, donā€™t make those categories, iā€™m just kidding! #celebrate? haha i donā€™t know.

#announce? no, thatā€™s not quite right. #herald HAHAHA. what if we each had a herald that announced something about us? iā€™m just kidding about that too.

all kidding aside, i like the idea of an #intros category. it might have not that many posts, but thatā€™s good, because people can use it as an ā€œabout usā€ page, and see what we have to say about ourselves when they first join (in addition to seeing the deluge of current posts). we can also use it for ā€œintroducingā€ new projects weā€™re doing, or new parts of ourselves, or new family members, or new pets which are also family members, or something.

1 Like

Since we are planning a talkgroup, we can answer the questions at the beginning! :slight_smile:

I would like to auto-unlist, possibly auto-delete posts from this talkgroup.

My reasoning: folks might forget about this and it could continue to give incorrect info. If everyone knows at the beginning it will disappear, they can set an auto-timer or something on it, to either reset the thing, or to post a new one. Knowing you will have a profile that disappears is cool.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

Aside from auto-removing posts, I donā€™t think this requires anything special. We want it to be open, and we can explain it is for having self-removing profiles up, and not really a discussion placeā€¦ unless we want it to be that. In which case we could also make auto-deleting replies!

:star_struck:

Iā€™m into deleting right now. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d say yes. If one wants to be on the welcome wagon, they can sub to the talkgroup. For folks just stopping by I donā€™t think other users introducing themselves is the kind of messages we want to show.