judy excavates

I believe the site is mostly opt-in by default. Folks have to go out of their way to read and interact.

I think.

1 Like

what treasures lie herein?! we’ll never know! they might as well be jaz diskettes!!!

I remember the elation I felt when I found an enterprise WinXP with SP2 already applied! No key check, and only six hours of updates!

2 Likes

hey @maiki (or anyone) do you want this small battery?

capacity: 3.6V/2000mAh
input: 5V/500mA
output: 5V/1A

it’s pretty slim! the led is blue.

Yeah, I’ll grab it. The other one doesn’t hold a charge, unfortunately. But I know where to recycle them (BestBuy in Emeryville). :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s charging now. we’ll see if it works. it is old. when charging the led turns red. the micro-usb-in is finicky and has to be at the right angle so i wrapped the cord around to keep tension. might be annoying.

and now, keys to who knows where, and all the dead weight i carried every day. the battery in the tile is dead, but the battery in the blizzard authenticator is doing all right! this authenticator is the cockroach of my physical chaff that enables my digital chaff.

why is there a zip tie that something else fell off of? who gave me the J cheerleader? when did i use tiles??? i remember what the orange caphead is for–a tiny permanent sharpie. i loved that thing. i carried it everywhere. it was surprisingly useful. EDC!

i got this stupid gadget on indiegogo. i should maybe start a whole other log for stupid things i got on indiegogo.

this is a wondercube. USB-lightning charging, flashlight, sticky bit under a cover so you can turn it into a phone stand, and micro SD card reader. i actually really admire how they stashed the micro SD card slot inside the USB plug.

i found a 64gig micro SD card! i was sad after i didn’t jump on that sale tim mentioned. but here is a card!! i wonder what digital chaff is on it.

all my chaff is precious to me.

why

hey does clover want these? don’t kids love weird coins?

1 Like

i totally found what used to be there. i wish i teed myself up for a response, but i swear i didn’t. i just found this at the bottom of another bin.

i am pretty sure i made this for myself in 1997. all the cheerleaders were assigned football players to make gift packages for. i wish i was joking. at least i had the presence of mind to make myself something while i was at it. you can tell i made it because one of the stars is a glow-in-the-dark bead and the other is clear plastic (the best kind!) with glitter particles.

i will never change.

Yeah, we have a weird coin box!

2 Likes

got it in amsterdam from the first developers of the firefox phone! the person who gave it to me happened to give the talk right after mine at the dutch mobile conference in 20…13? yes 2013 i’m pretty sure. so he was in the room during my talk, which showed off a hackathon project that used d3 on mobile safari. he was jazzed about graphics on a phone so he invited me to visit their office and gave me this firefox phone hoping i’d develop on it.

what should we do with it?

2 Likes

cool, do you want foreign coins too? i have some euros and some rmb!

Whatcha think @susan? Do foreign coins fit our fantasy currencies + commerative pirate coins aesthetic? What was I thinking? :grimacing:

1 Like

i found one! different color! still writes! it was in a bag with a bunch of tampons.

the tryhard takes notes on a fancy dinner. jan 2016.

We want all the moneys. :laughing:

2 Likes

Did you ever give the game a whirl? I’ve tried the vanilla love letter game once or twice but had trouble clicking with it; but id be curious to hear from someone who got more out of it.

oh my GOD look at what i just found! MY FIRST SONY WALKMAN!

argh it has CLEAR PLASTIC and RAINBOW GEARS! of course it does!

i am really the same as i was in like 1990. this is amazing.

4 Likes

oh shit lol. how to clean this?

I threw it away > a year ago, in my last move. That means I only carried it around with me for… FOURTEEN YEARS

2 Likes