July 21, 2019 - :sun:

i’m home from camp! it was great. i learned a lot. i met cool people from taiwan, new zealand, oakland, portland, indianapolis, florida, boston, lots of places. a bunch of us learned about scuttlebutt together. a bunch of us talked distributed databases and protocols (not ontologies). lizzard and @sudocurse and i learned some Toki Pona from seth and then translated the free software song by rms. there was even a hamiltunes karaoke event and i sang burn.

i am home now. i have taken a bath and put on pajamas. i need to change the sheets on my bed and then get into it.

3 Likes

Spent time listening to bandstand music in the park and migrating big ol’ WordPress sites. Took me all day. But it is done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had some excitement on Friday and pretty much just took the weekend off to recover. A routine baby monitoring turned into a 4 hour stay in the hospital because Ira had a spot of tachycardia the first 5 minutes on the monitor.

Once we got to the hospital everything was fine. Thank goodness we have good insurance.

3 Likes

Oooh I wanna kearn Toki Pona myself ive taken a few stabs at it.

Maybe we should setup a thread for toki pona!?

2 Likes

sitelen lawa li pona!

1 Like

Mind writing is good? Or something like that right?

Its been a while and I didnt get as much practice as I wanted to.

It was sort of the best suggestion I could find for “Good idea!” using ‘sitelen lawa’ as sort of a ‘mind picture’ compound

2 Likes

@draloff I wanted to point out we have #parenting. I used it when I needed it, and it is kinda about the experience of raising oneself while raising another (it isn’t called caregiving, as it is supposed to invoke self-parenting… my chaos poetry doesn’t always come off accurately).

There may be some juicy bits, but also a place for you to very specifically dump your worries and anxieties and know you’ve got a crack team of grown-ass children with kids of their own, watching yer back.

My chaos poetry is tight!

1 Like

this is our translation of the first few lines of RMS’ free software song. LOOOOOOL. we decided that the way to translate “hackers” should be “people who break shit, but in a good way” !

1 Like