June 5, 2019 - Ewok

it really, really amazes me just how much of a difference coffee makes to this little ewok in the morning. it really does do wonders for my mood. i mean i know i’ve said this 85739578287342 times to everyone who will (and won’t) listen so why does it still amaze me every day? they say habits take 21 days to form, and according to my Habitica i’ve done coffee every day for … 110 days!!! that can’t be right??? and yet i’m still surprised every day. i almost think i need to spread out the coffee so i can get the mood boost all day.

i wonder if it’s also a placebo effect from the act of self-care. i suck at self-care! also i am great at it. i don’t know i can’t decide if i’m being indulgent or just being normal and doing what i need to do. i hate having needs.

what does it mean to be alive? what does it mean to be an ewok?

1 Like

Long story short, I switched to all decaf coffee about 6 months ago. I still need my cup of coffee to wake up and help my mood, which is interesting!

2 Likes

Yub yub!

1 Like

haha! decaf still has a bit of caffeine in it, though, doesn’t it? /me does not look it up and just asserts baseless assumptions

i am further logging that

• i have not done any of my dishes despite aforementioned lift in mood
  • the flonase made my eyes really hurt just now
  • this ewok eats only pop-tarts

It’s generally less than 5mg of caffeine, which is pretty low! But also I discovered decaf coffee made via Swiss Water method, which tastes quite good! I just get the store brand at Raleys / Bel Air.

Green Coffee Extract is a solution containing the water-soluble components of green coffee except for the caffeine.

is “green coffee” coffee beans that haven’t been roasted?

It’s apparently “internally developed” something.

Our internally developed Green Coffee Extract (GCE) is introduced to the beans and caffeine removal begins. Caffeine ventures out on its own, away from the coffee beans into the GCE until the ratio of soluble compounds in the GCE to the compounds in the coffee reach the point of equilibrium. Caffeine and GCE flow continuously through our proprietary carbon filters until all the caffeine is trapped and separated from the GCE. Then the GCE is refreshed so that it can be used again and again to remove more caffeine.

Now I feel weird about drinking it kinda. :confused:

It’s really good though.

YALL i purchased a watercolor subscription kit and just painted my first thing!

here is a worm

found it when attempting to plant arugula

none of these things are ewoks though

1 Like

Whoa!

How did you do those trees?? That is badass.

thanks!!! i followed their directions. paraphrased, they were…

the first layer of trees will be a very light value… remember to keep them triangular… then make more darker trees over them

i made it up!! they have video tutorials and live paint-alongs, but i didn’t watch them all the way through. so if i looked, they’d have more tips for trees. what i did was start with a point and then scribble horizontal lines one layer at a time moving downward and longer with each subsequent horizontal scribble. i’m so happy they are recognizably trees lol! their tip about doing a layer of very light trees first is awesome.

i didn’t put trees in front of my planet cuz it wasn’t dry yet, but i’m okay with it.

i am enjoying this process because i do not consider myself an artist and i have extremely low expectations, so just doing it is fun and i’m exceeding my expectations. lol. i really need that in my life right now. some small wins, that don’t mean anything to anyone but me. i am not even doing it with a goal of getting good at anything. it’s kind of meditative and gets me out of my head. i want to do it to destress, not stress too much about getting it right, but of course part of me wants that, so it’s a battle in my head, like everything is. lol.

1 Like