June 6, 2019 - Thor's Day

So ive mentioned ive been more seriously walking/exercising lately previously. Thats ratchetted up to o 1 - 1.5 hours / 4 miles every day and has been for about a week or so.

Which has been really hard to commit to and has been leaving me a little drained. I haven’t really been feeling like plugging into a computer after that so I havent been for the past few days. Though it feels satisfying while I do it.

Weve finally surmounted all the wierd hurdles and gotten handymen to crawl under our house and figure out what is going wrong with our kitchen floor. The landlord apparently had some plumbing fixed a year or so before fiance moved in here, but the old leaky pipes had created some rot, and while the pipes were fixed the rot was never seen to.

We’re coordinating payment for the repairs with the landlord now, and making plans on where to move the cat elsewhere to be out of the way and what to do with perishables. As repairs might take one or two days and the fridge will have to be unplugged and moved to take of the rot. My mom is mildly cat phobic and is volunteering to take our cat by day. So I that should generate some interesting stories atleast.

3 Likes

Oh and aquired a Sega Nomad finally. There was kind of a month long gnashing of teeth because I initially acquired a broken sega nomad, and there was much emailing back with the online modder to get it repaired. Ive not spent as much time with it as I lwould have liked but plan on plucking down some serious game time with it soon.

1 Like

oh awesome! what games are you going to play?

aggghhhh sucks about the rot! best of luck to both your mom and your kitty. o_O

my log is: i feel trembly and unwell today. i am trying to get better because i have a lot going on this weekend. i have very high anxiety! the painting and gardening i did yesterday really helped. you’re inspiring me on exercise, but i feel so tired all the time, i’m going to work up to it slowly.

there is someone hitting our fence in what looks like anger and they’re on the phone or something. there’s usually a lot of noise here so i almost didn’t notice it but it’s happening nearly in front of my face and is a little disconcerting. i think they’ve gone away now.

3 Likes

Shining Force is first on the docket I think. Though I’d also like to play through some Streets of Rage before Streets of Rage 3 materializes on Switch sometime in the forseable future.

They will sort it out I think. Im deffinitely of the opinion they will both find the experience more entertaining than unpleasant in the long run.

3 Likes

Everyone’s body is different, but mine definitely stays in shape via regular walking. I feel akin reading your updates!

Now that Clover is not walking to school, which added about 3.5 miles to each weekday for me, I need to keep active. I had meant to get out there and walk around everywhere with C, but two factors:

1. Clover is currently coping and self-caring to get past public school; that means podcasts and drawing and play, mostly alone (e checks in with me occasionally, it’s basically magical)
  2. Ugh, summer, ugh

We recently found a public pool tucked in a neighborhood kinda close, just past where C’s school was, so maybe we’ll get a new routine going. :slight_smile:

@judytuna, here is that style of library box I was mentioning: just a metal box. It works!

You can see from @susan’s haul, we found a few good books in this visit!

I’m sure I have other photos from this position and angle, to compare; the new changes along this stretch of Harrison are very nice!

I hardly ever seen the Fairyland sign at this time of day…

1 Like