talkgroup

Linux Journal Ceases Publication: An Awkward Goodbye

On August 7, 2019, Linux Journal shut its doors for good. All staff were laid off and the company is left with no operating funds to continue in any capacity. The website will continue to stay up for the next few weeks, hopefully longer for archival purposes if we can make it happen.

https://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-journal-ceases-publication-awkward-goodbye

:cry:

Did we seriously not discuss this a couple years ago? @trashHeap, was that convo on the Masto?

I wanted to review my quips, see if I feel worse for saying whatever I did, in hindsight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes im quite sure.

Though im pretty sure my old posts on SDF’s mastodon’s instances self destructed a while back. I actually set my toots to self destruct after about 90 days as a general rule. Largely because ive experienced debates re-erupting in the Fediverse months after theyve “finished” or were “settled”. And I found it easiest to just put an expiration date on my toots.

Ergo your quips may exist, but that might be hard to find without context.

1 Like

You know. Everytime the Linux Journal Dies, they do so quite suddenly with little time for the community to rally to save them, explore alternate fundings models and etc.

2 Likes