MAC Sports stole $149 from me (and I used this topic to publicly shame them into giving it back)

MAC Sports makes wagons, and as a pedestrian family we thought that would greatly help us with our shopping.

I ordered an extra deep (high walls) on July 7, paying “$149.08 USD to Yajie USA, INC. DBA: Mighti USA”.

d1962805c970a24d5063bb605e09ee3b9bee406bbfb69e592c811f6c556eb4ff_900x

Instead of the wagon I ordered they sent me an extra long wagon, which is not useful with our apartment halls and elevator. Also, the wagon they sent us was priced at less.

34ebf9126a2f1ebfc7555502af370eb87176c2e699099b9046f1717454778e05_900x

They sent me the wrong product I can’t use, and charged me more than it is worth.

I began trying to resolve this immediately. With the MAC Sports support email (service@macsports.com) I have the following ticket numbers:

When they reply, they say to email macey@macsports.com. The person operating that address replied once, asking for my order number, on July 30.

HI,

Do you have a order number?

Macey

That was July 30. I immediately responded, and never heard back. So I began the refund process on PayPal. I informed them the merchant had not responded to my requests and I wanted to return their wagon and get my money back so I could buy a wagon from elsewhere.

While they claimed it would be resolved in a couple of weeks, they continued to push the resolution date back until a week ago. That was at least two months of me storing a wagon I can’t use. Finally, a week ago PayPal sends me a message with two options:

• Provide a tracking number for the return of the wagon
  • Cancel the dispute

The wagon, at a mimimum, cost $50 to return. I could not leave a message explaining this, so I reached back out to service@macsports.com, and they told me to email macey@macsports.com. And I did, copying everyone and Susan, asking for the vendor and return shipping number for the wagon.

I want to note, I read the warranty info at Warranty & Return Policy – MACSPORTS® and that’s how I determined to email service@macsports.com to get return info.

Well, they never replied, and PayPal closed the dispute in their favor.

We received the case(s) you filed on August 6, 2020.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested.

To recap:

1. I ordered a wagon for $149.
  2. MAC Sports sent me the wrong wagon
  3. MAC Sports won’t take it back or refund me or respond to my messages
  4. PayPal wanted me to pay 1/3 of the price to return a product for a refund
  5. I’m out $150 and I have no functional wagon.

I also have no reason to believe MAC Sports will respect their warranty, since they won’t take back the wrong product…

I’m really bummed about this, $150 is a lot for our family, and we needed that wagon. I’m not sure I have the energy to, what, small claims court? Gah, this is frustrating.

I sent a message to MAC Sports asking to speak with a supervisor, to which I was replied from macey@macsports.com. In my message I mentioned the six prior help tickets I’ve opened with them. They asked what the issue was, to which I replied:

You sent us the wrong wagon. You asked me for the order number on July 30, to which I immediately replied the “the order number is #2835”.

I also sent you several messages about the PayPal case which instructed us to return the wagon, and you haven’t sent me information to return it at your expense, and issue me a full refund.

I would like to speak with your supervisor. I also want the information required to drop-off the incorrect wagon you sent us at a shipping vendor, and your assurance I will be issued a refund.

I’ll be updating our correspondence at the aforementioned URL.

My name is maiki, not “Maika”.

Considering this person has all access to all correspondence I’ve had with the company, and via PayPal, and my order number through their online store and PayPal, this is one of two things:

1. They don’t know how to process this error, or
  2. They are willfully stalling.

Strangely enough, macey@macsports.com also replied to an old ticket from July:

HI Maiki,

We are still waiting back with your order number so we can help with your return?

Macey
www.macsports.comhttp://www.macsports.com/
Follow us on…
[cid:image003.jpg@01D6A150.4C29C5F0]https://www.instagram.com/macsports_usa/[cid:image002.jpg@01D6A150.4C2001F0]https://business.facebook.com/MacSports.US/?business_id=807886489288657

Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:38 AM
To: Macey (Macsports) Macey@Macsports.com; hello@maiki.xyz
Subject: FW: Wrong wagon was sent [ ref:_00Df217OJZ._5005w1b9yu9:ref ]

--------------- Forwarded Message ---------------
Sent: 7/13/2020 3:09 PM
To: service@macsports.commailto:service@macsports.com
Subject: Wrong wagon was sent

maiki
July 13

The PayPal reference is Transaction ID: 4SA31831TS546374M

It shows I was charged $139 for the Extra Deep XL Wagon with Cargo Net, but I received at Extra Long Xtender Wagon. The wagon does not fit in my elevator, I’d like the wagon I ordered, please.

Also, I never got any contact from anyone, just a bunch of automated ticket messages. Please respond.

This confirms they received the PayPal info and didn’t move on it. We just went through a multi-month dispute resolution where they agreed to refund me the money, if I sent it back at my expense. I remain unconvinced they can’t find my order, or would check the various messages that included it.

Since posting here and sharing it with their company, I’ve suddenly heard back from macsports and recieved a shipping label; the wagon was dropped off for shipping yesterday, so we’ll see how long it takes them to send me a refund.

In the meantime, I wanted to file a complaint, and asked for information from macey@macsports.com.

maiki:

Please give me the email address and phone number of your supervisor.
That is the subject of this message: what is your supervisor’s contact info? I wish to speak with the management of your company.

Macey:

Hi Maiki,

You are speaking with the supervisor. Is there anything else I can help you with?

maiki:

Are you the owner of the company? If not, I wish to speak to the person that manages or hired you. If you are the owner of the company, please state as much. As I have spoken to no other person aside from the call center your company employs as an outside firm, there is no one in this context of whom you are the supervisor, macey@macsports.com. Therefore, I need you to either put me in contact with a person to whom you are accountable, or explain why that is not possible, in no uncertain terms.

Macey:

Hi Maiki,

We have provided you with a return label to return you product. When we receive the return, we will process a refund. Is there anything else I can help you with? I am the supervisor of this department and want to make sure that you issue with receiving the wrong item is solved.

maiki:

The wagon is in route.

What is the name of your department, and what is your job title?

As your department handles refunds, you may proceed in processing my refund when you receive the wagon. In the meantime, please refer me to your Human Resources department or equivalent; they will be able to assist me further, as you’ve explained this is not within your capabilities as supervisor of your department.

If that is something service@macsports.com may assist with, please do.

I would like to know why Macey is withholding contact information for their company, and after holding my money for several months. The macsports company seems very sketchy from my interactions with it.

Was just notified via PayPal:

Yajie USA, INC. DBA: Mighti USA refunded $149.08 USD from your purchase on July 7, 2020.

So… it wasn’t until I publicly shamed this company that they gave me back my money. Good to know.

Macey has yet to respond to my queries to contact their accountable manager. It appears that company has a single contact point, and they are evasive and were responsible for taking my money and not responding for several months of repeated inquiry. In my assessment MAC Sports, at https://macsports.com, is not a reliable company, does not conduct it’s business in an appropriate manner, and should be avoided.