maiki scratches

I’ve liked Ellen DeGeneres since it was dangerous to express so in public. Granted, it was public school in Alabama, but still…

After thinking about it for 15 years, I am going to focus on designing “tabletop” games. Printed or imaginary, boards and cards.

I love video games, and would really like to build with them. But until we get free software toolsets that let me mix together assets without having to code, my other life foci just aren’t lining up with the skills that let me participate otherwise.

Tabletop games, on the other hand, are great! Communication! Collaboration! Storytelling! Problem-solving! People and friends! And my technical skills are more supportive of such endeavors, something like an alignment that is probably worth inspecting in-depth.

Anyhow, it is a kind of relief. I can let some ideas go, because they aren’t in my wheelhouse. And by “go” I mean noted and stored away for winter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

Quiet time, 4 - 6.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Anime is fading

Awake at 2am. Haven’t done this in a while. Clover woke up, felt lonely. Ultimately, doesn’t like the window open, but this summer heat means the window is open…

I used to want to wake up more, now I want to rest while I can.

No new game engines. Existing ones, improved and freer.

I’m afraid my sense of altruism is my stubborn refusal to live in a shitty world.

Wow, I can see why folks get obsessed with the World Wars. That’s pretty nuts.

Gift everyone you know cannabis plants. Someone is sure to have a green thumb!

I like making pretty things. I don’t know anyone who makes something appealing and aren’t happy about it. It’s just that trend is not justification for making pretty. Trend is for people playing a particular game that isn’t “craft”. Craft cares about universe, it challenges the universe, saying, “show me better, so I may learn!”

I find it weird that despite all the French Arthurian legends being essentially fan fiction and closer in time to us than to the historical events that inspired the legends, no one is Arthurian legend ever farts.

Did we get really fartsy in the last couple of centuries? I think our feet got smaller, so I’m open.

You have no idea how close you came to buying a goat.

I started listening to Nick Drake today and suddenly understood what Rick Sanchez felt when forced by Summer Smith to listen to Elliot Smith.

I began describing a movie to Clover, for context… The former Governor of California must go undercover as a Kindergarten teacher…

And then I thought how amazing that would be, budgetary-wise.

1 Like

All Jedi Are Bastards. #ajab

Check your marshmallows.

First is the sponge cake, then the telephone…

Was gotting down some notes for a narrative RPG, and realized that after making an “Aid other” move, everything else seems overly violent. Do we need any other physical move? I suppose that says a lot about the setting/theme/world one is playing in…