March 12, 2019 - Tuesday

i’m being histrionically myopic when i say everyone is having a bad time. clover is doing great a nonzero amount of the time! there is photo evidence of it a few giant pieces of wood ago!! please relax, judies.

the meds i got yesterday for my foot sure make me feel funny! and awake at 4am! i wonder how today will turn out.

There is a saying, I’m not sure I agree.

When you laugh, the world laughs with you. When you cry, you cry alone.

Your log reminded me of it, but not sure it is practical or even accurate.

i am pro-free-association-adage-wordplay, and i do feel like i isolate with negative emotions and love to sparkle outward with positive ones. i wish i knew some chinese proverb for this that isn’t like “bow your head through the dog door because they didn’t know you’re actually the emperor” which i still have so many questions about.

1 Like

After building a dynamic reporting engine for dayjob, I’m building a billing system too. Last night was night 4 of being so busy with work/home stuff that I wasn’t able to have any downtime all day or night; and it’s starting to get to me.

REALLY trying to be in a spot to relax tonight.

@judytuna I’m sorry to hear about your health.

Played some Pokemon Lets Go Eevee yesterday and today am going to be playing some more. Right now I am on Misty’s gym. It shouldn’t take long to get to the other gyms, since this Pokemon was made for beginners. I’m not a Pokemon beginner myself, I just thought Pokemon Lets Go Eeevee looked fun, and it is!

Edited to add: Maiki could you move this post to Mar 12th logs? Sorry about that!

1 Like
  • Switched libresonic out for airsonic on the home server. (Been putting it off forever.)
  • Replaced haproxy with lighttpd on the same box. I use a proxy to wrap (air/libre)sonic’s built in http server in SSL; mostly to avoid thinking about tomcat.
  • Spun down my friendica instance.
1 Like

I had a good day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Retroactive update

Really wanted a good way to stream videos to myself during my lunch breaks at work, without transferring a whole series onto my phone. As some of them are kinda large. Tripped over Streama and got it setup on the home server in my final couple waking hours last night. Very simple to deploy, very self contained. Similar story as AirSonic/SubSonic but geared towards video with a Netflix like interface. It has no transcoding abilities, but I keep most video in .MP4 for DLNA/UPNP purposes anyway which is what this needed. Its young with some rough edges but im quite impressed with it so far.

2 Likes

I was considering Streama for sharing children’s programming with other families. Did they get an account system implemented?

1 Like

Yes they did, and if sendmail is working on your setup it lets you send emails out to the account holders with an invite link for them to securely set their passwords.

3 Likes