May 19, 2019 - Sunday

Woke up super weird-feeling. Like paralyzed and woozy. Need to use sleep apnea machine!!!

Yesterday, Clover asked me to stop saying I hate myself, so it was a big day.

I’m taking it to heart. I can’t ignore this request. She’s only 7 and a half; she’s made relatively few requests in her life (I’m sure her parents would disagree) due to it being not very very long yet, so I feel like I should listen. That’s not really the reason I listen. I think I listen because it is coming from a place that is real. I was also sorry to model something bad. I realized it and tried to take it back. I’m glad she corrected me actually. I feel like kid judy would have let someone say that and internalized it for later.

Today I need to find a mason jar to be a house for a fish. I got the red one that was the most active yesterday at the fish store. He is still alive today. A promising sign. I do not hate him, so I don’t have to hate myself. That makes no sense. I’m just practicing.

Then I need to decide what will grow from being fed by the fish poop. A short-rooted plant is recommended, like lettuce or … sage I believe. We have so much sage though.

Maybe one of the little herb starters from the Double Union herb workshop that Dash grew from seeds, but I’d have to (extremely gently) pull them out of the soil and put them in the aquaponic stuff. Or maybe I’ll start from seeds like the kit instructions say and use some of these “Rocky Top Lettuce” seeds i got from a store on 24th in like 2013.

OMG we forgot Ewok Wednesday last week! It’s okay, there is a Wednesday coming up soon. It’ll be Ewok before we know it.

2 Likes

Started the day making pear pancakes and they actually came out great. Following recipes is a challenge for me so sometimes I do something different and it makes it yummy, sometimes not and I make mental notes. Today I added goat yogurt and enough milk. They were better than the pancakes at La Note.

Drawing with Clover this morning too. It is always fun but have to make the time. Our relationship has been strained since I went back to work. Even though I will only be working part time it has been difficult transition for her. Going to spend time just the two of us today.

3 Likes

O SNAP

2 Likes

I was freaking exhausted.

I think I was pretty mentally taxed.

The last few days at work, involved helping out with a super serious official academic investigation, of which I can’t really go into depth on. It’s just tedious and draining.

I did a lot of running around and fulfilling of social obligations yesterday. I meant to accomplish more things today while taking it easy, but instead mostly just slept. I guess I needed it.

A few things I am working on this evening:

• Reaquainting myself with esperanto. Setting up a schedule to practice, ripping the Jen Nia Mondo discs I have to practice with on the commute.
  • Ripping some DVDs. My sister is after a few seasons of The Pretender she can’t rent legally that I have. So I am ripping them and putting them to put into my Streama instance for her.
2 Likes

All the kids reading after an afternoon at our arcade/bowling alley.

2 Likes