Mini Youtube Documentary on the history of and current status of the Prince of Persia series.

Mini Youtube Documentary on the history of and current status of the Prince of Persia series. Also explores the origins of Assasin’s Creed.

2 Likes

That was pretty fascinating. Makes a lot of sense that Ubisoft Montreal developed Assassin’s Creed after their experience making Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, but I am kind of flummoxed that Sands of Time could feel so fluid and the first AC game feel jittery and a bit clumsy IIRC.

Assasin’s creed was one of their first HD era games done in their first and largely untested HD game engine.

Prince of Persia was developed for standard definition in an engine that had all the kinks worked out by Beyond Good and Evil.

I remember this largely because Ubisoft made a big deal about the Scimitar/Anvil engine at the time. Had some E3 demonstrations where they even wanted the film industry to adopt it.

2 Likes

Yeah but that documentary said they had to swap engines for Sands of Time with like three months left before release! I was wondering how that was even possible. However they did it, I guess it worked