Morning routine steps

process papers +feeds recur:1d

My answer to the struggle of “paper vs digital” is to use pen and paper for note taking, with a discreet daily task to “process” them.

Processing means crossing all the text, as seen at maiki-notation - #2 by maiki.

Every item gets a last consideration from me, and relevant items are made into new tasks. Because it is done daily, I never have a very large cache of physical notes, and my tasks are synced into my personal cloud, which happens to be very redundant. :slight_smile:

An unexpected pattern emerged: realizing most things are not that important, I batch together stray ideas and requests into notes. It used to be when someone asked me for something, I would note it in my head and carry around that burden until I got to a state of being where I could upload it to my knowledge system. Now I just jot it down as a point and immediately forget it. :star_struck:

It also means processing papers is often a magical time of serendipity! Mystic messages from the universe emerge?!?

I would like to celebrate @susan for eir efforts in destroying my precious brainstuffs, but slicing up all my notes! When I’ve filled an entire sheet of paper with points (because I will cross them out, and continue to use the blank sections; I basically don’t even see crossed out text anymore), front and back, I put it in a pile of papers awaiting ultimate destruction. We had a paper shredder for years, and it never quite worked the way one expected, and gathered a so much dust it became an issue for humans living and breathing nearby, so now we use the Magnolia Paper Destruction Service. :heart_eyes:

1 Like