Mozilla Firefox to Enable Hyperlink Ping Tracking By Default

I wanna add about Firefox more generally.

While ive gone concerns similar to @maiki 's on this one. For me this is kind of a bigger issue in terms of patterns of behavior of Mozilla. I could honestly itemize a pretty lengthy list this second of disturbing behavior in Firefox. But ill leave that as an exercise for later.

The practical pragmatic point is: The amount of tweaking I have to do to Firefox to make it behave as I believe a browser ought to behave, out of the box. Is starting to honestly get cumbersome. The amount of changes im shipping to my about:config is getting a little bit ridiculous. To the point where the last two times I reinstalled my OS, I migrated my entire firefox profile instead of rebuilding it.

I feel like Mozilla is rappidly developing Firefox in a direction that just doesn’t suit me personally. And as someone who has been using it since it was an alpha called Mozilla Phoenix its a little disturbing.

Also considering im possibly one of the last firefox users on the entire university campus where I work, this is bothering me a great deal in terms of the browser’s future.

Its become clear to me that other browsers default would likely suit me better; and for the first time in memmory im kind of fantasizing about using something like otter browser.