Mozilla’s running this incubator to fund projects to Fix the Internet:
Would love to chat if anyone’s interested in putting together a project or joining an existing team!
We are looking for products in the following areas:
- Collaboration & Society , particularly in view of the current global crisis: (i) Foster better collaboration online, (ii) Grassroots collaboration around issues & emergencies, (iii) Local & neighborhood support networks, (iv) Supporting small businesses, (v) Social money-pooling for issues, people & businesses.
- Decentralized Web: build a new, decentralized architecture for the internet from infrastructure, communications, media & money using the blockchain and peer-to-peer technologies.
- Messaging & Social Networking: can we build a new way to communicate online that favors privacy, people, and users’ interests? What needs to evolve?
- Misinformation & Content: ideas for services that help us get beyond polarization, filter bubbles and fake news.
- Surveillance Capitalism: whether it’s big tech or governments, everyone’s collecting your data. How do we put the user back in control of their data?
- Artificial Intelligence that work to benefit communities and citizens.