As mentioned in my daily large piece of wood:
I have joined my local Buy Nothing group!
You can find yours here too! They’re all fb groups right now. I found out about it from an old friend who was in one when she lived in the sfbay and is now starting a new one where she moved.
I have given away;
- my old burton snowboarding boots
- my old burton snowboarding bag
I have just acquired:
- a wonderful outdoor table and chair, originally green and then painted yellow by its previous owner. i loves it. clover said “your table looks terrible!” lol because it was outside for years.
- a matching big rectangle coffee table and square but taller end table
- an ergonomic dell wired usb keyboard
- four weird lego-compatible strips to mount legos
- a buuuunch of iris rhisomes! and some mountain sage! i’ve planted the sage in little boxes but haven’t planted the irises yet. i also brought the irises to the Double Union herb workshop Dash ran on saturday, and gave a bunch away. that feels awesome.
- a box of star wars popsicles
it’s great and i recommend it!
it’s just that they organize on fb. of course i have a fantasy of helping them migrate off, perhaps to a discourse. but later.