My living situation

I read recently about someone’s cohabitation situation changing. While it was in the context of a polyamorous relationship, it sounded very similar to mine living situation. While it is relatively easy to piece together, I thought I would spell it out and make some observations.

I live in a four bedroom house with five other adults. One of the bedrooms is a converted attic, but the smallest people got it, and they generally enjoy it.

Here is a fun break-down of career/education/history (I include myself in these stats):

• Six housemates have more than one computer
  • Six housemates watch anime
  • Six housemates have at least one website
  • Five housemates work together in at least some capacity as consultants
  • Five housemates moved from the Santa Cruz area to Berkeley together
  • Five housemates read comics/manga
  • Four housemates have taken at least one class in Japanese (language)
  • Four housemates have a two-year degree (I think)
  • Four housemates has had sex with at least one other housemate (as far as I know)
  • Four housemates do not eat meat habitually
  • Four housemates do not have a horror movie aversion
  • Three housemates attend the same art school
  • Three housemates work at the same bakery/cafe
  • Three housemates have worked as graphic artists
  • Three housemates met through an online gaming clan
  • Three housemates have worked with children
  • Two housemates are legally married
  • Two housemates have a four-year degree
  • Two housemates have three or more computers
  • Two housemates are vegetarian (pescatarian, really)

And here are some fun facts:

• Fringe is the only show that all of us watch (sometimes together!)
  • Between the six of us we have over 25 web domains
  • There is almost always at least one person awake in our house at any given time
  • We only have one bathroom, and surprisingly that isn’t too much of a problem (see the “wakefulness” fact above)
  • The socializing space is our kitchen, despite having a single chair being relatively small
  • Despite a variety of religious upbringings, we mostly only discuss spiritual matters when making fun of religious institutions
  • We are mostly white (not that fun, but a fact none-the-less)
  • Most of the computers are Apple, but MacOS X is not the majority OS. Including multi-booting, it is almost evenly split between a MacOS X, Windows, or GNU/Linux OS.
  • The name of our current home is Highwind. The last place we lived was called Cloud 9th.

It was fun thinking about this, and I think I will get some feedback from the others and update this post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes