Nice invoice template for LibreOffice or other?

I’m moving away from FreshBooks. It was useful for a time, but not really any longer. I have a system to send PDFs to clients, it works well enough. But now I don’t have a pretty template. I’ve hit up https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates?getCategories=Invoice&getCompatibility=any and found a decent spreadsheet that PDFs well.

I’m setting this here, as if I can’t find a nice template I’m gonna make one. But surely there are well-designed (functional and pretty) templates for FOSS software, ne? I am also open to other warez. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had little cause to make invoices nor am I familiar with the UX of Fresh Books, but I think GnuCash is supposed to be targetting that feature set and at first glance has invoice functionality according to the docs.

That being said a thread for sharing Libre Office notes/templates/etc might be useful. Im likely to have to stretch my libre office skills in the next year or three.

3 Likes

Definitely gonna check out GnuCash! Looking at the templates in LibreOffice made me think I’d rather build a character sheet thing than busy work for invoicing…

Also, central database I can query is very useful.

1 Like

After I wrote that I realized I could get all the things I wanted with Hugo and pandoc… so maybe I’ll do that!

I’ve started laying out plans to build invoices from markdown files and Hugo, and then printing from the browser with a stylesheet made for PDF layouts, and that will get me most of the way.

I have some incoming notes on that, so I’ll load them up here as I process. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Marking a solution so it stops auto-bumping. I know what I want to do. :slight_smile: