No more Dwolla

I started using Dwolla about a year ago. I’ve only used it a couple of times, and it was useful. But they just sent me a bunch of messages asking me to verify my account, and it has gotten very non-useful:

I've received multiple messages asking me to verify my account, just in the last day. I've uploaded my photo ID twice. Why is this not working? Why am I being sent unsolicited messages multiple times in the same day?

maiki

To which they replied:

Thank you for uploading your identification and we apologize for the multiple emails, we will look into this. Our security team is requesting additional information to verify your account. Could you please provide documentation verifying your current address? This could be a scan/image of a utility bill, cell phone bill or bank statement in order to fully verify your Dwolla account.

Well, that isn’t going to work, because I don’t receive anything with my address on it. The year is 2013 friends, receiving spammy physical mail is something we no longer have to deal with. Unless you are trying to prove your identity to a faceless corporation that holds your money.

Nope. I don't receive mail at my residence. You can pass this on to whoever negotiates these policies, you are dealing with a new demographic that doesn't work the way you think it does. Also, you are a corporation asking for private information, and that only goes so far.

I am unable to withdraw the remainder of my account, so please transfer it to my bank account, unlink my bank account and then deactivate my Dwolla account.

I’ve posted our correspondence online at https://www.interi.org/2013/01/no-more-dwolla/, so that others may understand your policy, and to help you in your efforts to be transparent. :slight_smile:

maiki