Petrichor

Petrichor (/ˈpɛtrɪkɔːr/) is the earthy scent produced when rain falls on dry soil. The word is constructed from Greek petra (πέτρα), meaning “stone”, and īchōr (ἰχώρ), the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology.

I got there from ichor, which turns out was gods blood until Alex had an axe to grind:

The Greek Christian writer Clement of Alexandria used “ichor” in the ancient medical understanding of a foul-smelling watery discharge from a wound or ulcer, in a polemic against the pagan Greek gods. As part of his evidence that they are merely mortal, he cites several cases in which the Gods are wounded physically, and then adds, “And if there are wounds, there is blood. For the ichor of the poets is more repulsive than blood; for the putrefaction of blood is called ichor.”[5]

Words, amirite?!

i didn’t know we had a word for that smell! i love that smell!

isn’t there a word for the way that light bounces off of the gases coming out of the soil of the flatlands in the netherlands that is why some experts theorize that there are so many amazing dutch painters? lol