Starflight is a space exploration role-playing adventure video game developed by Binary Systems and published by Electronic Arts in 1986.
Basically, this is a smaller, single player version of PewPew. It’s a great game.
- Artwork; at least for their ad. I love that early-mid 80s sci-fi aesthetic.
- Crew; you pick your officers, they have varying stats that increase as they gain experience, with Androids being the exception.
- Land on / explore planets; I love this, but want it to have more depth, aka player doesn’t magically strip mine a planet in 5 min like this game allows.
- Crew is important, I am thinking only officers matter for stats being affected, moments of greatness, etc. Otherwise working through building a crew of 1000 for a large ship would take days to get the stats right. No thank you.
- Planetary activity; I want to be able to build things. Details of a planet will only be viewable by detailed planetary scans that take realtime. So, you could build a remote outpost on a barren planet, and other players would need to go out of their way to see if anything was there.