Interesting discussion on measuring the carbon footprint of various internet activities and the implications for our culture’s carbon footprint as the internet grows. Interesting topics include:
- Static html being more environmentally friendly than dynamic pages.
- The carbon footprint of transmitting a single podcast episode like this very one.
- 78 rpm records manufactured from insect shellac being the lowest footprint form of music transmission.
- Streaming media being terribly energy inefficient.
- An interview with Ecosia
- Greenpeace Click Clean reports on various megacorps.