Process maiki's game stash

I have this game stash. It is maybe… 20, 30 games? RPGs, board games, cards. I went nuts on crowdfunders years ago, and I still haven’t opened most of these.

But I gotta, because I don’t want to store dead weight, and games at least deserve to be played once. Unless they don’t, in which case we’ll find out very soon. :slight_smile:

First step will be to get a list going, and figure out the types of groups needed to play. Some of them I can take to the Hub, some of them to friends’ places, and some I can even play here! Looking at you, ALL THE FATE CORE BOOKS. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Pretty much the bulk of the stash, cleverly disguised as a stash of games!

1 Like

So. Many. Games.

Gonna try to make a list from my phone, and eyeballing the boxes.

• Ascension (card game)
  • Entropy, by Rule and Make
  • Clairvoyance, by 4 eye games
  • Monikers, by Palm Court
  • Heartcatchers, by Emma Larkins
  • Young Centurians, by Evil Hat
  • Atomic Robo + Majestic 12, by Evil Hat
  • Dragoon, by Lay Waste Games
  • Ruse of Cthulhu, by Chuck D. Yager
  • Superfight, Loot Crate Edition
  • Chalice, by James Mayor
  • Backstory Cards, by Ryan Macklin
  • Epic PVP Fantasy, by AEG
  • Lost Woods, by Poppy Jasper Games
  • Don’t Turn Your Back, by Evil Hat
  • Spirits of the Rice Paddy, by APE
  • Mistfall, by Passport
  • Pandante, by Sirlin Games
  • Nova Cry, by Steve Easton

Okay! I’ve got a few RPG books around somewhere else, but I’ll get to those eventually. Next is to get some vitals on all these games, so I can see what can be played in which context. :slight_smile:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cthulspired game titles

I have some nice memories of playing Ascension with you guys!

1 Like

We have a game box at Impact Hub Oakland! I’m not sure where it lives, but ask a host and they’ll point ya to it. I’ve contributed a couple games (small boxes of Monikers and Superfight), with more on the way.

I still have the large box and second expansion small box for Monikers. It is much better stored at the Hub, since the game is best with two teams of lots of people.

I’m gonna focus on the card games, as those are easier to store in a box, and I can clear up some space. :slight_smile:

From https://www.superfightgame.com/rules/ :

The Setup:

Separate the white-backed cards (characters) and the black-backed cards (attributes).

Youngest player goes first. Player one starts by drawing three white cards and three black cards. You can look at them, but don’t let anyone else see them.

Player two (the next player to the left) does the same.

Each player chooses one white card and one black card from their hand to create a fighter and places those cards face down. Then they discard their remaining cards into two separate piles (one for characters, one for attributes).

Next, both players turn over their cards and reveal their fighters.

Each player then draws a random black card from the deck and adds it to their fighter.

The Superfight:

Both players argue and plead their cases about why their fighters would win the fight.

Once the arguing is done, the table votes for a winner.

In the event of a tie, both players draw a random white card and fight to the death with no attributes. The table votes again. Do this until there is a winner, then discard the white cards from the tiebreaker fights.

The winning fighter stays on the table for the nextplayer to fight and will not get any new attributes in the next fight.

The player who won the fight earns one point.

The Next Match:

Player three (the next player to the left) now creates a fighter to battle the winner from the last match, following the same rules for fighter creation as in The Setup. Then the Superfight begins again.

ALTERNATE RULES

Villain Battle:

Separate the white-backed cards (characters) and the black-backed cards (attributes).

Every player draws three white cards and three black cards. You can look at them, but don’t let anyone else see them. The least-liked person at the table takes the first turn as the Villain.

The Villain chooses one white card and one black card from their hand and places those cards face up on the table. Then the Villain draws one random black card from the deck and adds it to their fighter.

All other players choose one white card and one black card from their hands to create fighters to defeat the Villain. When everyone is ready, reveal the fighters one at a time and announce them to the table. Starting with the player to the left of the Villain, play an additional black card from your hand onto any fighter on the table (including the Villain or yourself!) and then discard the rest of your hand.

Next the Villain picks who would do the best against his or her fighter. That fighter wins the battle and gets one point.

The player to the left of the current Villain becomes the new Villain. Every player draws three new white cards and three new black cards, and a new battle begins.

Battle Royale:

All players draw three white cards and three black cards. You can look at them, but don’t let anyone else see them. Each player places one white card and one black card face down on the table. One at a time, players reveal their fighters and announce the fighters to the table.

Before playing the second black card, select one of the following game modes:

1. A) Each fighter’s second black card is drawn randomly from the deck.

2. B) Players may play one additional black card from their hands onto any fighter at the table (including themselves). Everyone votes on which fighter would be the last one standing.

Pacifists:

Follow any of the rules outlined above, but this time choose the winner based on who is the funniest, or imagine it’s a dating website and you’re picking the best match. Pick who would be the best construction worker, or nanny, or use your imagination!

Finally:

Unlike other judge-based games, this is not anonymous. If a player is being biased, for whatever dumb reason, never play with that person again. They are lame, and should go play charades with their cats until they learn how to play with people.

Imagine the fighters are fighting on an island or anywhere you want, but New York is a good default.

Really glad I looked that up, those alternative rules are great, especially:

The least-liked person at the table takes the first turn as the Villain.

:rofl:

This was an instant hit, as the game is simple and relies on dumb, friendly banter. :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely need to introduce the alternative rules to the box. Oh, that would make a fun zine-thing. #zinelike