Process the DO apps

In their marketplace they have categories, and that seems like an okay way to process them.

Okay, let’s see what “developer tools” are!

NodeJS

You can launch a whole server for… node.

Next!

Buddy

Buddy is a Continuous Integration and Delivery tool for web and software developers. The tool uses delivery pipelines to build, test, and deploy code. The pipelines consists of actions (over 100 types) that can be easily arranged with drag and drop in a clear & telling GUI – there is no need to script the whole process.

Okay, that’s kinda neat. I’ll look into that more, as I like having a pipes server to do stuff for me. Maybe we can invest in one instance and all use it.

Gitea

Gitea is a painless self-hosted Git service, which allows for programmers to collaboratively develop software. It is similar to GitHub, Bitbucket, and GitLab.

This package is supported by Gitea, as well. Notably, we host https://allthe.codes as a Gitea instance. @tim, thoughts on DO versus RPi?

Dokku

Dokku makes it a breeze to deploy and manage web applications on your own server. Now available as a 1-Click installation, it’s even easier to have your own private application platform in a matter of minutes.

I love Dokku! It’s a personal Heroku. I used to run an instance, but ultimately decided that apps developed for Heroku are generally designed poorly for my use.

Sourcegraph

Sourcegraph is a code search and intelligence tool for developers. It lets you search and explore all of your organization’s code on the web, with integrations into your existing tools. Sourcegraph is used by developers at Uber, Lyft, Yelp, and more to help them search and review code at enterprise scale.

Wow, with so many name drops, this is sure to cause strain from eye-rolls. Skip!

Onjection Jenkins

One click Onjection Jenkins provides production ready CI/CD tool. This is compatible with different DevOps tools required for code scanning, code building, code testing and code deployment. Writing a declarative pipeline is easy now using shared libraries. Onjection Jenkins is integrated and configured with many Plugins - Docker, Bitbucket, SonarQube Scanner, Gradle, Blueocean, Junit, Kubernetes pipeline, Logstash, Nodejs, Role Based Auth, Git, JDK, Ant, Maven, Shared Libraries

Hmmm, I think this is a pre-configured Jenkins instance by a specific company that supports it, called Onjection. So, hmmm.

Passbolt CE

Passbolt is an open source password manager for businesses and IT teams. It helps centralize, organize, and share passwords securely with collaborators and teams while enforcing strong security policies. Passbolt is open source, self-hosted and respects your privacy. Passbolt Community Edition (CE) is free and will remain free forever.

Looks cool:

• AGPL, CC BY-SA
  • Extendable JSON API
  • End-to-end security
  • Self-hosted
  • Batteries included

Interesting enough to investigate if they mess it up trying to make a dollar.

Selenoid

A lightning fast implementation of Selenium WebDriver protocol running browsers in Docker containers. Its main application is the automated web-applications testing in real browsers. This image comes with two last versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers available for testing.

Very cool project, rendered valuable for the hubris of society.

Docker

Docker containers wrap up software and its dependencies into a standardized unit for software development that includes everything it needs to run: code, runtime, system tools and libraries. This guarantees that your application will always run the same and makes collaboration as simple as sharing a container image.

My guess: the most used one-click install.

Okay, that’s my time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes