Prudence

I needed a domain to run some management and monitoring plugins for my WordPress sites (see T124). I wanted to get global.international, because that is hilarious, and I could be able to make it useful as an essentially non-public service site for guild use, but alas, someone else registered it. (; ̄д ̄)

Then I was thinking I would go for an Eye of Sauron motif, so I looked up "all seeing eye" and found the Eye of Providence. I don't really like using religious iconography, even ironically, and especially this, because it feeds into that "sysops are god" complex (so I guess I wasn't really going after that motif after all...). But the entry for divine providence is a good read, especially the differen between general and special providence (sometimes Wikipedia articles on religion read like a D&D campaign/world guide!).

Anyhow, "providence" comes from providentia, which means "foresight, prudence", which accurately describes what I am looking for in monitoring system. Also, prudence is a pretty cool idea, and I don't hear folks referring to others are prudent very often. I'd like to highlight that as a virture, and hope to model it for others.

It won't contribute to such modelling, but I did register prudence.io! It won't be much of a service to the general public, but for folks that have me manage their hosting, they will get a dashboard overview of all their sites (though maybe I will be able to offer it as a service once I get comfortable with how it works). And of course all the warez I use will be in the aforementioned component repo. ( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑

Noting: prudence.io (the insipration for #prudence), expired a few days ago.

-sigh of relief-