ReactOS 0.4.9 released

I don’t really follow this project, but it tickles me whenever I see it. :slight_smile:

I’d probably follow it more, but I can’t find a feed for their news anywhere. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It isn’t Windows, and it isn’t Linux… but it is just like Windows. Which is, um, cool. I really loved WindowsNT 4. I always ran the latest cracked Server version, patched against BO2k.

The funny thing for me is, I changed the shell in NT until it was gone, and then just used cmd for everything, so finding minimal GNU/Linux systems did it for me. That clunky interface, ugh!

Oh! Psychic-sense is tingling! Someone is about proclaim their love for that clunky interface! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do indeed love that interface. :smiley:

I wasn’t aware of this project, but that is really awesome. And this part in particular made me swoon:

500MB HDD and 96MB RAM

HECK YES.

Next month when I have money I’m totally going to buy a mug from their shop to support the project.

You don’t think you’d find a Linux distro that runs well in that?

@tim, just make an NT GNOME theme! Call it… GNTOME!

It just rolls off the tongue!

I agree that Linux can run with those resources or less, but I like the idea that this could run Win10 games, but only using a tiny fraction of memory that Win10 actually uses.

I may be misunderstanding the project, but I hope it’s true.