Some of the improvements are:
- The performance of Ren’Py has been improved in multiple ways, and the apparent
responsiveness has been improved even more.
- A new multiple character dialogue system makes it possible for multiple
characters to display dialogue on the screen at once.
- A new GUI preference system works with the new GUI to make it easier to create
preferences that customize the look of the Ren’Py GUI.
- A new tooltip system makes it easier to write tooltips.
- Ren’Py now supports TLS on multiple platforms, making it possible to use HTTPS
to connect to servers to transfer game data.
Some of those sound really neat! I can’t find my very old demo game, and I am not starting a new creative project in Ren’Py at this moment, but I plan to after a couple things fall into place.