Oh yeah, more details:
I am trying to get this done, because I find it difficult to refresh my site to show my work and make it more attractive to potential clients, as well as make it easy for friends to recommend me ("Yeah, check out my friend maiki, over at interi.org.").
I've kinda automated my potential job feeds, and in my attempt to be ready for what the universe has to offer, I am considering taking a job with a company, for the related benefits of such an arrangement. But resumes are hard! I think the last time I wrote one it was an OpenOffice template, and I don't even know if OpenOffice is still a thing.
As for what I do, when I tell my inner impostor to shut up and get in the back seat, I realize I have a broad field of experience, with a few deep competencies. I also like technical/customer support, and am glad that in the last few years it has carved out a niche industry with its own conferences!
So the kind of work I am looking are are:
- WordPress-related, any non-engineering: I don't want to work with creating new PHP, but nearly every other aspect of WordPress is up my alley.
- IT support, leadership: I would be happy supporting a smaller org, or leading a team for a larger one.
- Customer support: I would be happy writing docs and helping customers, especially if I could do it remotely, and also especially if I could support non-standard US hours (meaning late/night shifts).
- Good non-profit work: If they can afford a technical team member, I would love to work with any "good" NPO, meaning helping people and not hurting people (no defense think-tanks or PACs).
- Gigs are okay, too: contract work is my bread and butter, so I should point out that I am also taking on more client work, in any of the above categories. Email introductions are welcome!