Semi-Annual Oakland Pen Faire & Sale at Flax (May 18, 2019)

Join us for the Semi-Annual Oakland Pen Faire & Sale!

Saturday, May 18th, 2019

FLAX Oakland store

1501 Martin Luther King Jr Way, Oakland CA, 94612

FLAX cordially invites you to a c hampagne reception for our semi-annual Oakland Pen Faire & Sale. Mingle with other fine pen lovers, collectors and newbies alike. Sip champagne and enjoy live music while you shop our tantalizing one-day-only sale prices at our FLAX Oakland store.

penfaire-fb01-may-2019.png

20% Discount on ALL fine pens including special orders placed with our guest vendors

Special promotions on notebooks and fine pen accoutrements

All Fountain Pen Inks will be 10% off the list price

Wax and brass seal demonstrations

Live music by classical guitarist Carrie Smith

About Pen Faire:

At Pen Faire, we invite our vendors to bring specialty lines and brand-new products to FLAX. This is your opportunity to see pens up close that you would normally only get to see in a catalog or online. All pens, including special orders, are offered at 20% off the list price during Pen Faire. This event only comes around twice a year to FLAX, so you don’t want to miss it! Get treated to the VIP experience with complimentary champagne, live music, and breathtaking fine pens at all price points and to fit all budgets.

FLAX has been hosting Pen Faire for over 20 years. Our Fine Pen Department, often referred to as a fine pen boutique within an art supply store, is part of what makes FLAX unique in the art supply world! We pride ourselves on our expert staff, who will walk each customer through our selection of fine writing instruments, allowing you to test each pen so that you can find one that fits perfectly with your aesthetic and penmanship.

Featuring brands like: Visconti, Waterford, Fisher, Regal, Sailor, Taccia, Caran D’Ache, e+m, Lamy, Pilot/Namiki, Conklin, Monte Verde, Faber-Castell, Cross, Scheaffer, Kaweco, Parker, Pelikan and more!

I was planning on attending this to try out new inks and pens, but it sounds like a whole thing, and aside from bakeries and grocery stores, I’ve personally identified independent, local art supply stores as instances of shops to keep around, so getting the word out. :slight_smile:

Also, champagne reception:face_with_monocle:

wow i’m really excited for this!!!

1 Like

Happening tomorrow! Whee!

1 Like