talkgroup audit (2020)

Okay, let’s see if any of these questions make sense for talkgroups, with the intent to invite participation.

This makes sense, and should be covered in a talkgroups description (personal talkgroups might get away with being more arcane; or perhaps each talkgroup chooses it’s own level of invitation to participate).

Yes, this should be a point: if a talkgroup wants folks to do something, explain it and make it easy. I say this knowing I’ve written all these descriptions without calls to action. :slight_smile:

For talkgroups this means breaking the prior step into discrete actionable tasks.

Not as applicable, as talkgroups are channels that support efforts (though some talkgroups are the sole expression of an effort). If it isn’t apparent which kinds of activities or skillsets happen in a talkgroup, it could be explained.

Matters for some talkgroups, which will have either “ownership groups” or community moderators (and in many senses these will serve as the same function, being that talkgroup.xyz is essentially a friend-of-a-friend network it doesn’t come into play as often.

However, I’m the least qualified to comment on this. I don’t believe I provide strong leadership on any projects here, I’m just slow and smart, an incredibly frustrating boundary to participation. :grimacing:

Maybe talkgroups as channels means the effort is where strong leadership matters, not really the meta of a talkgroup.

I hope this is self-evident, but perhaps we can use a standard line reminding everyone everything is public conversation (and also when it isn’t!).

talkgroups can be these things. I like to link to other resources from the about topic. Other talkgroups (think of the overlap between Mediaclub and Gaming, or Webcraft, Science and Technology, and Digital Safety), jabber conferences, websites, federated media accounts, those sorta things.

At first I’m like, aw, I so am not good at celebrating achievements. It’s part of “not a strong leader”. But then I thought: maybe just discussing topics as we close them, and our liberal use of fun badges fills in that spot. I mean, it’s entirely possible maiki started talkgroup as an augmented reality game, but is too lazy to commit…

:crazy_face:

1 Like