Ted Cruz warns Space Force is needed to battle space pirates

https://news.yahoo.com/ted-cruz-warns-of-the-threat-of-space-pirates-in-senate-budget-hearing-180216131.html

I… what

“Since the ancient Greeks first put to sea, nations have recognized the necessity of naval forces and maintaining a superior capability to protect waterborne travel and commerce from bad actors,” said Cruz, the chairman of the subcommittee on aviation and space, adding, “Pirates threaten the open seas, and the same is possible in space. In this same way, I believe we too must now recognize the necessity of a Space Force to defend the nation and to protect space commerce and civil space exploration.”

There is even a video of Cruz saying it…

Although armed Somali pirates terrorized the waters off the horn of Africa a decade ago, their activity has diminished in recent years thanks to a robust military response from several nations, including the United States. Venezuela’s descent into political chaos is partly blamed for a rise in Caribbean piracy. Yet none of those threats possess the resources to — as yet — mount a credible threat beyond the confines of Earth’s atmosphere.

Journalism school, folks! :slight_smile:

OMG, look at the caption of the included image!

Sen. Ted Cruz and space pirates. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News, photos: Yuri Gripas/Reuters, Getty Images (2))

Sen. Ted Cruz and space pirates. (Photo illustration: Yahoo News, photos: Yuri Gripas/Reuters, Getty Images (2))

:rofl:

but i … what

did he lose a bet

wait is this about that pepsi thing

1 Like

Space pirates assassinated JFK, and blamed Ted Cruz’s dad.