The Cardboard Box Reform - Nixon's Ghost Bill & A Crucial Flaw in Democracy

Summary is my own:

In 1970 a bill was passed that required all congressional votes to be recorded, even Committee of the Whole. This was uber bad because now that a representatives vote was public record, it could be so easily sold..

There is a lot of good evidence in this talk, however this is 2019 and I believe nothing that people tell me without independent verification! So I want to validate this all as actually legit.

But, either way, I can see that if a representatives vote was not a matter of public record, they couldn’t run to their corporate overlords and prove they voted a certain way.

There is a person that is constantly fighting Bar associations and others to get legal, public copies of laws. Noting here, so when I have time to look them up; they have a lot of experience fighting this for decades, and they can explain how selling records works.

So helpful, I know. :slight_smile:

Ah, I didn’t connect those two points. Huh. I don’t know, without watching, my brain says the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. We also see how they vote.

I’ll watch the vid sometime. :slight_smile:

The thing is, it’s at 1970 when lobbying spending shot up like the moon project. Like, there is definitely correlation showing this impacted things.

Definitely watch when you’ve got the time. :slight_smile:

1 Like