Tim Berners-Lee tells us his radical new plan to upend the World Wide Web [Fast Company]

This has been rattling in my head, and I think: does AP solve any problems Berners-Lee is trying to solve?

I don’t know, because I don’t know what Solid is trying to solve. I don’t even know what Solid is. :slight_smile:

This isn’t a gesture to deep dive here, it’s a flag: these folks aren’t like us. They certainly aren’t like me. They are solving problems I can’t even imagine, and some that I can and find disgusting.

I’m not sure AP solves anything for me. It certain seems to crack the federated messaging nut, but I’ve personally noticed that the more AP is adopted, the less I use it. The problems it is solving, the issues it now raises, they aren’t mine.

So maybe Solid is something worth ignoring AP for.

I don’t! :slight_smile: I mean, I’m not getting a zen-vibe, so any insights e has comes from exposure and the rocking life one gets for being an internet celebrity. Same with other computing creators, ne? They made good early decisions that allowed their thing to thrive, so now they should be quiet or go make a new thing or just be cool in general.

This last part about characters is musings, the first part about importance of tech is the good stuff. :sunglasses: