Transportation Injury Mapping System (TIMS)

Continuing the discussion from Listen and Learn: A Tool for California Residents to Track Street Safety:

https://safetrec.berkeley.edu/tools/transportation-injury-mapping-system-tims

The Transportation Injury Mapping System (TIMS) (link is external) has been developed by SafeTREC’s GIS Program team to provide quick, easy and free access to California crash data that has been geo-coded to make it easy to map out crashes and even view the locations in Google Street View.

The following tools are currently available on TIMS:

• SWITRS Query & Map
  • SWITRS GIS Map
  • California Safety PM Target Setting
  • Collision Diagram
  • SRTS Map Viewer
  • ATP Maps & Summary Data
  • Motorcycle Collision Map

The page lists descriptions of the tools, but actually visiting them requires registering an online account. I lack the activation energy to share info with UC, so we’ll try again later.

Tried again, and their form is disappointing:

Fortunately I have a secondary name just for this reason!

It said it created an account for me, but it won’t let me log in and hasn’t emailed me…

1 Like

Finally got into their dumb user system. Their onboarding forms sucks.

Since I can’t link to it, here’s a screenshot of the type of search tool this is:

Screenshot_2019-09-20%20TIMS%20-%20Transportation%20Injury%20Mapping%20System

I’ll wait to check out the other tools; if I can get a dump of the data I don’t really care about these tools, as I can slice and dice it and publish it online. But this search dashboard is pretty useful, and offers downloads of the search results. Could be useful if I can’t otherwise search this data.