Writing for SEO vs humans

Continuing the discussion from Explore Buying a Used Toyota Mirai:

Does anyone else assume that everything they read was written by someone chasing SEO? Are there studies on how to spot it? Can we train ML models to tell?

2 Likes

Yes there are, and you won’t believe what they found!

(It’s a clickbait joke)
(I have nothing to contribute)

3 Likes

hahahahaha you completely got me. i am an automaton!!!

1 Like

I technically do this, as I believe writing in a way that is easy to understand and uses language a particular audience is accustomed to is the way to go, and happens to crush it in SEO: if a search engine helps users get to quality content, they’ll presumably have more market share, yadda yadda.

Okay, you likely mean folks that are writing to get people to land on their page due to search engine results placement. Do I assume that? Hmmm, nah, but I do consider the source of any data.

Probably, since we train them to write articles. I’ve played around with language mixers, and I can basically take any article on the web, run it through an app, and pop out an “original enough” article to place relatively well.

The funny thing is: those folks just out there trying to game the system, they help it by training the search engines what is crap, and they have some diminishing returns. The money is in conversion, and 99.999% of bloggers never land. So all those folks pumping out crap, they are the digital serfs doing the grunt work for their search masters. :rofl:

2 Likes