I bet someone has developed this idea already, so let me know what it is similar to, please.
The idea is to identify universal themes that translate across languages, and then identify how those themes interact, to prescribe a way to discuss them.
A practical application, such as starting a new multicultural project:
- Each person weighs universal themes, and prioritizes them
- When interacting with others, compare individual themes and produce a guide to keep in mind
In forums, for instance, one might have a sidebar component enumerate things to keep in mind while speaking to the people in the conversation. It would allow us to signal:
- Privilege is uneven in the group
- The environments that are influencing the discussion
- Ideological differences and potential ways to overcome or sidestep them
I would use such a system:
- On discussion forums
- At the UN and other extracultural orgs
- As a tool to encourage the breaking down of polarized political beliefs
- Explore cultural and belief frameworks, to find the cruz of meaning