I am embarking on a quest to have a small stack of Raspberry Pi 3 B+'s at my desk, all hosting various things.
I am fortunate to be in an area where I can have a fiber connection. On average I get about 800Mb/s up and down, so hosting things here should be a piece of cake.
Things to do:
- Install GUI-less Raspbian on my old Pi [done!]
- Install nginx, php7, mariaDB, redis on it, configure a test site [in progress]
- Get my router to forward traffic properly [done!]
- Test install a new instance of nickelpinch.com on a pi, see how it performs
- Research how to best handle several servers behind a router, each hosting several different domains.
- With everything I’ve learned, try to automate spinning up a new RPi, configured for hosting, with above packages. (ansible?)
I’ll add more to the above list as I need it, and will be turning these into links to their own respective topics. This is going to be a fairly long process I think, and I am okay with that.