Long live the PS3!

I am in the middle of updating the brand-new PS3. The 80 gig model that does not have backwards compatibility. Or four USB ports (only two). Or any of the memory card slots on the front.

After dealing with the worst Gamestop staff possible (Emeryville), I am at least relieved that this ordeal is over. I am peeved that Sony would make a model that doesn’t play PS/PS2 games after having already done so. I could have gotten the a used version of the same model, except the lid that covered the memory card slots wasn’t a lid, as in it wasn’t attached.

Hopefully I can get over that and just enjoy the games I have for this system and carry on. At least it was $50 less.

Well at least you are back up and running. What I don’t really get with the new consoles is it is accepted that they will break. (PS3, XBOX360) I thought the purpose of a console was for people to play games without worrying about hardware issues. :confused:

Nintendo still makes good systems though, from what I’ve seen. I like things that just work, and continue to work for a long time.