MARAUDER aka classified thing

OMG, this is like my fan fiction brought to life. The person naming these things is me.

In 1993, the Phillips Laboratory developed a coaxial plasma gun capable of accelerating 1–2 mg of plasma by up to 1010g in a toroid of 1 meter in diameter.[3] The toroids are similar to spheromaks, but differ in that an inner conductor is used to accelerate the plasma and that confinement behavior results from interactions of the toroid with its surrounding atmosphere. It utilized the Shiva Star capacitor bank to satisfy the large energy requirements that were needed.

The plasma projectiles would be shot at a speed expected to be 3000 km/s in 1995 and 10,000 km/s (3% of the speed of light) by 2000. A shot has the energy of 5 pounds of TNT[Note 1] exploding. Doughnut-shaped rings of plasma and balls of lightning exploded with devastating thermal and mechanical effects when hitting their target and produced pulse of electromagnetic radiation that could scramble electronics, the energy would shower the interior of the target with high-energy x-rays that would potentially destroy the electronics inside.[5]

Spheromaks?!? Shiva Star capacitor bank, are you freaking kidding me with these names?! I love everything about this.

1 Like

The only strategic advantage to living in America is that we will lead the world in destroying our alien invaders…

1 Like