March 17, 2019

OMFG I just spent an hour learning more dumb stuff about Docker, kernels and old Digital Ocean machines…

I used the power of herb and wine to fix it, so I don’t feel like writing it up at the moment. But it happened. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, links:

Basically, Docker broke and then Ubuntu broke and then my brain broke and then Digital Ocean actually broke it except it was because talkgroup is a really old site on the same VPS the whole time and I am kinda happy to have such strange issues due to creating a nice space and legacy online… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ahem: upgraded the server talkgroup runs on to Ubuntu 18.04. The server was launched on 14.04, and recently ran 16.04. :slight_smile:

Aside from having a freakout with the forum software, I had a very productive day. Lots of tasks knocked out, and lots of process checks put in place. Even got to process some of my daily notes. :slight_smile:

Also, went and got to know new friend that I hope will be joining us here soon, and may have an in-person group to start processing these 30-odd games I bought and haven’t played because I’m better at hoarding than at friends and OMG that’s true of everyone, folks, we have to actively fight hoarding!

2 Likes

As a fellow adult who is busy, that is excellent! I’m having a tough time making new friends curently because I don’t have time to go out ever. I’m working on changing that.

I need new biz cards, but was thinking is either making then generalized, or a second batch of “friend cards”; something more inviting and informal, to give to people I meet.

Actually, I’ve considered making “family cards”, to give other families at parks, or other parents I run into. I feel parents always want to network, but don’t want to give out numbers or biz cards to strangers, or more like it just feels weird. So I want to change that!

And if I did, I would probably include a link to #parenting. I want people to network around children and community self-reliance, so non-biz contact cards are a thing now. Thusly declared!